The practice of meditation has been around for several years now but in the recent times only people are discovering more about the benefits that meditation offers. Studies say that meditation can bring significant changes to the bodies and minds and just like physical exercise, the more often one works out, the more benefits they can see and the longer they will last.
Effects of Mindfulness and meditation on brain
Meditation generally involves focusing on a specific object, may be the breath, perceiving the mind, and returning it to that object. Through meditation, one can get better accustomed with the behavior of the minds, and enhance the ability to regulate the experience of the environment, instead of allowing the environment dictate how one can experience life. As per a recent survey it has been found that, meditation as a practice can renew brain circuits that boost both mind and body health.
Mentioned below are some of the ways by which the brain can change when one practices 마음수련 사이비 and meditation:
- Grey matter tends to increase in the anterior cingulate cortex which is located behind the brain’s frontal lobe. This allows more cognitive flexibility and ability to monitor attention conflicts.
- Increased grey matter density can also be found in areas of the prefrontal lobe that is primarily responsible for carrying out functioning such as problem solving, planning, and emotion regulation.
- Increased cortical thickness in the hippocampus is noticed that helps in preventing stress and depression.
- In addition it has been found that amygdala, also referred to as the “fight or flight” epicenter of the brain and the seat of dreadful and worried emotions, reduces cell volume of the brain after meditation practice.
- The practical networks between the pre-frontal cortex and amygdala are enfeebled which enables fewer reactivity, and also encourages connections between areas related with advanced order brain jobs to be reinforced
Thus, it can be said that harmonizing both of the brain hemispheres gives an an array of new skills such as increased deeper thought, better focus, optimized mental health, more creativity, clearer thinking, and better memory and remembrance. By practicing meditation one will be optimistic, happier and feel good and therefore success will come much easily and more naturally.
A lot of people have a common misconception about meditation as they think it means sitting down and doing nothing but this not really true. Meditation is an active training of the mind that helps to increase consciousness, and different meditation programs approach in different ways. It is important to note that meditation is not a type of pill or medication that can help to treat issues but it is basically a type of tool or therapy that can help to manage symptoms.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that when it comes to the proper functioning of brain, 마음수련 사이비 and meditation no doubt offer a lot of benefits and hence it should be taken up seriously by people from all age groups.